Urban Engineers has been a regional leader in multimodal transportation planning, design, and construction for more than 60 years. Urban attributes our excellent reputation in the field of professional practice to our ability to provide clients with the highest level of professional expertise, diversity, and commitment.
Our culture is built around our people. Voted a Top Workplace in the Philadelphia and New York region by our employees, we are committed to advancing your career and providing you with a foundation for professional growth. We offer unmatched career development through our own Urban Training Institute, a tuition assistance program, and certification incentives. This opportunity is further bolstered by a wide range of health, welfare, and financial benefits. We believe that Urban Engineers starts with you and is the best place for you to continue your career.
The Multimodal/Community Planner will be responsible for advancing projects that are developed through strong engagement and support from residents, stakeholders, and visitors. Work will be comprised of a broad range of projects from active transportation, major transit, roadway, multimodal, environmental, bridge, airport, and related infrastructure projects. The ideal candidate will have an interest in planning, community engagement, design and offer skills in many aspects of transportation planning and communication. Candidates must be able to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplined team of planning and engineering professionals. The candidate will work on a variety of multimodal transportation projects that combine transportation planning, urban planning, traffic engineering, land use planning, and environmental planning. Candidate is expected to work closely with public stakeholders and be willing to professionally present to the public at meetings, etc. and speak on behalf of clients.
Multimodal/Community Planner Responsibilities:
- Developing engaging outreach strategies for transportation projects in diverse communities.
- Assisting in the development multimodal transportation, bicycle/pedestrian, and transit plans.
- Composing technical documents that present findings using clear language and graphical elements.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings with officials, stakeholders, and the public.
- Playing a key role in developing solutions to policy and physical planning problems.
- Maintaining high standards and quality of work while demonstrating innovation and creativity in developing solutions for client projects.
- Managing elements of a project or having a significant technical role under the direction of other technical staff members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Engineering, Public Policy, Landscape Architecture, Geography, or related field required; Master’s Degree in Community, Regional, Urban or City Planning is desired.
- 1 to 3+ years of planning experience.
- Multimodal Transportation Planning experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of planning best practices and concepts.
- Ability to organize and present data in an efficient and clear manner.
- Graphical skill, experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Excellent technical skills and strong personal initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively within a large team of planners, engineers, graphic designers, web designers, and communication specialists.
The resume should highlight experience shown below:
- Experience working with the general public and or stakeholders to achieve consensus.
- Experience and or knowledge of planning process from conceptual to implementation.
- Experience and or knowledge of ArcGIS and ESRI software.
- Experience and or knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- 3D modeling/rendering skills are a plus (Sketchup, LumenRT).
- Audio/Visual skills are a plus.
Benefits of working at Urban:
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- 401K and company match
- Vacation, Holiday, and Personal Days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Certification Bonus
Salary: $55,000 - $80,000 / year
Available Locations: Cherry Hill | Philadelphia | Hybrid work option available
Req: 683 #LI-LH
Please include a PDF or Word Document Version of your resume.