A Production Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic / small-scale audiovisual systems while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. All aspects of a Technician’s role must be completed with a hyper focus on living the mission and values of Studio46. This position reports to the Event Production Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of audiovisual equipment.
- Must prioritize effective communication with the client throughout the event, going above and beyond to ensure their satisfaction.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external clients.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met, and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on clients throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands company processes, follows procedures, and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Works with clients and Studio46 Event Production Team to communicate any adjustments made to original quote.
- High School Diploma required.
- 1 year of customer service experience is preferred.
- 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
- Will need to pass forklift certification, training provided by Davis H Elliot.
- Will need to pass driver safety courses, training provided by Davis H Elliot.
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
- Tech Savvy
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes, it is the team member’s responsibility to monitor their own safe dB exposure. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple locations. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Studio46. This will include all environments while working for Studio46 - warehouse environment, when traveling, working events, etc. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.