LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Exemption: Salaried, Non-Exempt
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations/ Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability
Accounts Payable Coordinator Responsibilities
- Communicate with vendors.
- Process invoices, scanning.
- Weekly processing of vendor payments and checks.
- Open to cross training to other accounting functions.
- Setting up vendors.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Requirements
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Associates in Accounting, preferred.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Basic Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have good typing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Long periods of sitting in an office setting.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Accounting Clerk
- Account Payable in Construction Industry
- Payroll Clerk
- Bank Teller
- Relationship Support in banking industry
- Cash Specialist
- Executive Assistant from Finance or Accounting area
- Accounting support role in any military branch or any transferrable skills
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.