STRATA provides clients with professional geotechnical engineering, construction inspection, and material testing (CMT) services throughout the intermountain west. Currently, STRATA has offices in Boise, Hayden, Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, and Pocatello, Idaho; and Spokane, Washington. At STRATA, we enhance the quality of life within our communities by providing solutions as a team of proud professionals. We have a Staff Engineer position open in our Pocatello office.
A Staff Engineer is responsible for the successful completion of project tasks at the direction of a project manager to accomplish the following:
- Perform fieldwork as necessary.
- Establish, perform and/or coordinate appropriate laboratory testing to meet project needs.
- Interpret data and incorporate subsurface conditions into project analyses and recommendations.
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, both written and verbally, with co-workers and other staff.
- Assist in the preparation of deliverables and correspondence, including geotechnical analyses and calculations.
- Assist in the development of proposals and reports.
Professional Qualifications & Requirements
- BS in Civil Engineering, MS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- 0-2 years’ progressive experience in the field of geotechnical engineering.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam and registration/certification as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT).
- Experience and familiarity with geotechnical software.
- Proficiency using personal computer and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Adherence to STRATA’s drug and alcohol policy.
Candidates will be proactive, use a team approach to problem solving, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, operate a computer, and be client service orientated. Candidates represent STRATA in a professional manner at all times and maintain a high level of personal integrity. Must be willing to travel to remote project locations and work variable hours and overtime, as needed.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (sick leave and vacation)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Community Service Day
- 401(k) with immediate vesting