Memphis Stone & Gravel Company is a family owned and operated aggregate supplier to Memphis and the Mid-South. In business since 1910, Memphis Stone & Gravel Company has earned a reputation for supplying outstanding construction materials to the markets it serves. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement and relationships. We have continued to protect lands we mine all the while restoring resources to productive and beautiful uses after mining.
Our products include high quality fine and coarse aggregate for ready-mixed concrete and asphalt concrete. We process a variety of sand products, road base materials, shoulder gravel, clay gravel, landscape rock, drainage rock and pea gravel.
Pay Rate Starts: $18.00 an hour.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the family, we offer:
- Paid Vacation/ Holidays/ Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability
Ticket writer Responsibilities
- Input weights into the JWS System, print tickets and keep paperwork organized, including scale tickets.
- Complete time reports and daily reports.
- Adhere to company policies regarding daily cash handling procedures.
- Use excellent customer service skills to build positive relationships with customers.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to management.
- Ensure that all visitors, customers and vendors sign in and fill out hazard training forms and have an understanding of Memphis Stone & Gravel’s safety rules and guidelines.
- Ability to instruct drivers in procedures for proper traffic flow at plant.
Ticket writer Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a fit-for-duty physical exam and drug screen.
- Possess a valid drivers’ license and have reliable transportation.
- Flexible schedule required. Must be punctual and dependable, willing to work overtime, including Saturdays.
- Commitment to high quality work and the promotion of continuous improvement of workplace safety, including good recognition of potential hazards.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures, including wearing of proper PPE.
- Good memory skills and the ability to multitask.
- Willingness to accept training on tasks as needed.
- Basic knowledge of the stone and gravel materials inventoried at the plant site, preferred.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds for approximately 20 feet.
- Exposed to high noise levels and moving equipment.
- Exposed to weather elements.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Dispatcher/ Ticket writer for Construction Industry
- Mining plant operations
- Dispatcher/ Ticket writer for asphalt plant or aggregate plant
- Experience in transportation industry
It is the policy of Memphis Stone & Gravel Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job posting are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.