LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Pay Rate Starts: $18.00 an hour. We offer on the job training! Must be able to meet basic and travel requirements.
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations/ Holidays/ Earned Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability
Asphalt Plant Ground Worker Responsibilities
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude.
- Must work in safe, professional manner, following company Safety Program policies and OSHA regulations. Wear personal protective equipment is required at all time and be able to recognize potential hazards.
- Perform regular maintenance on asphalt plant and field operations equipment. This will include climbing ladders at considerable heights and carrying heaving objects.
- Monitor plant components and notify foreman of changes or parts in need of repair.
- Must be willing to accept training on plant systems, equipment operation, and repair of plant equipment, etc.
- Follow directions of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each job site.
Asphalt Plant Ground Worker Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a “fit-for-duty” physical exam and drug test.
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work.
- Primary location will be in Batesville, however, must be able to travel to other plants as needed.
- Must be punctual and dependable, good manager of time and thrive within a flexible work schedule that can include early start times, late quit times, weekend’s and occasional night work.
- Show ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
- Familiarity with heavy construction equipment and have basic mechanical understanding and skills.
Work Conditions/ Physical Requirements
- Climbing ladders/ stairs with hand rails and working at heights up to 75 feet on platforms with guard rails
- Carrying objects up to 75 lbs. for approximately 20 feet
- Must be comfortable with confined spaces
- Exposed to all weather elements
- Exposed to high noise levels
- Travel to various plant locations in North Mississippi and West Tennessee
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Landscape Worker
- Outdoor Laborer
- Utility Worker
- Construction Worker
- Military- Construction units
- Welding experience
- Electrical Apprentice
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job posting are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.