Job Title: Administrative Assistant
This position provides support staff duties and clerical administrative assignments as directed to augment the Region Office.
Are you a real go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity with a nationwide full-service-utility contractor offering competitive wages and incredible benefits? Keep reading because this job might be for you!
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient, and innovative line clearance services to the utility industry. Reliable, uninterrupted power is an important service provided by the world's electrical utilities and Asplundh has the expertise to help keep the power flowing. Diversification over the years has opened up vegetation management services to other specialized markets such as municipalities, railroads, pipelines, helicopter vegetation services, and departments of transportation.
A family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ over 33,000 service professionals throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
Pay: Competitive, Hourly
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurances
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Answering phones, email correspondence, file maintenance, etc.
- Direct inquiries to appropriate staff and resolve complaints.
- Assist with maintenance of confidential employee files, drug screenings, motor vehicle reports (MVRs), and background checks.
- Respond to public concerns and call-in questions.
- Office and field supply ordering and tracking.
- Provide support and assistance on special projects as assigned by management.
- Office Support to field staff.
- Data entry associated with internal project management.
- Performs other related work, as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Teams, Excel, and Publisher.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong teamwork mentality and participation
- Motivated and organized in work habits.
- Ability to learn new computer platforms for tracking, invoicing, and other responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience in Industry preferred, but not required.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver's License Required.
- RARE (less than 10%): walking, kneeling, squatting, crawling, seeing distant, climbing on/off truck, climbing, lifting over 10-50 lbs., depth perception, color vision, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): standing, stooping, body twisting, gripping, reaching, range of motion, climbing stairs
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): sitting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, speaking clearly, reading, hearing-speech range
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): seeing
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides, and emergency storm work and logistical support. Asplundh is the parent company of UtiliCon Solutions whose subsidiaries provide overhead and underground line construction, planning and design, meter reading and AMR/AMI installation, electrical testing, and street lighting/traffic signal services. Asplundh also operates Rotor Blade Airborne Utilities Management, overhead electric distribution, and transmission lines using MD 500 helicopters.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.