Hunt Electric Corporation is a national design build electrical contracting firm grounded in the simple, powerful concept of performing efficient, quality work. We value trust, relationships, performance, reward, safety, and diversity. Our loyalty is to our clients, our communities and our employees in more than 40 states. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
We are continually seeking individuals who are passionate about the electrical design and construction industry who want to contribute to our company growth. If you are passionate, love what you do and hold yourself to a standard of excellence, we want to hear from you!
***This position is eligible for fully remote, hybrid, jobsite-based, or in-office work schedules***
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide electrical design and BIM coordination for a wide range of projects. A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is required. This role interacts with various departments within the company as well as with other disciplines outside of the company. A strong candidate would be able to accomplish the following:
- Design and coordinate a constructible electrical model based on project specifications.
- Conduct clash coordination with other major construction disciplines on models.
- Basic understanding of family creation, template creation and parameters in Revit.
- Use the model to identify constructability problems and propose solutions.
- Adapt to changing workloads and project demands to meet and exceed client and project expectations.
- Participate in project kickoffs, maintain regular updates to BIM-related project schedules, assess potential BIM-related schedule issues, review subcontractor BIM coordination schedules for compliance with the overall project schedule.
- Communicate with project leadership of the VDC/BIM processes and procedures that will be used on the project.
- Take part in the MEP coordination effort by organizing model data, configuring data transfer systems, adhering to coordination processes and procedures, and documenting project coordination information. Review subcontractors’ fabrication and shop drawings, models and related information, providing them direction as needed to incorporate their work into the shared project model.
- Administer BIM/VDC Quality Control procedures, which includes ensuring project teams and VDC Designers, adhere to specified VDC plans, as well as update those plans as required during the lifecycle of the project.
- Assist with reality capture technologies such as scanning and other forms of field measurements to develop data-rich models of existing conditions.
- Assist with digital layout by following procedures to create as-built models, reconcile design-intent models to as-built conditions, and support self-perform and project teams with field coordination and lay-out.
- Collaborate with teammates, share ideas, and offer tips to improve efficiency and quality of the team’s work.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Education & Experience Requirement: High School Diploma with trade experience or two (2) year degree in Electrical Design, or related field. Or any similar combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant electrical design and modeling experience.
- Proficiency in Revit, Navisworks and Bluebeam.
- Experience with ACC/BIM 360.
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook)
- Detail oriented with excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, filing cabinets, photocopiers and fax machines.
- Employees are frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to kneel, reach, stoop, crouch or crawl.
- This position requires the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
- This position may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds.