Who we are
At Balfour Beatty Communities, we are dedicated to a singular mission: delivering the quality communities people are proud to call home. We believe exceptional living experiences can only be created when We Care—about our residents, our partners, our communities and each other. Our culture of caring drives every aspect of our business, guiding us to always do the right thing and build meaningful connections as we fulfill the needs of our residents and partners with sincerity, empathy and creativity.
- Discretionary bonuses
- Medical and Dental Insurance 1st of the month following employment
- Health, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Company paid life insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Robust PTO to include, sick, floating holidays, vacation, and personal days
- 2 Volunteer Days per year
- Company paid short-term and long- term disability, parental leave.
- And more!
About the role
The Facility Manager/Director is responsible for monitoring and directing the daily operations of the community repair and maintenance function at a single installation.
You may be eligible for a $500 net sign on bonus to be paid out in your first paycheck
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for providing management oversight for several functions including daily operations, financial reporting, training and development of employees, and customer service to an assigned team comprised of maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for overseeing regular physical property inspections on assigned installation to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of all assets
- Responsible for forecasting maintenance needs and instituting an effective time management program for all personnel to ensure resident satisfaction and project completion goals are met
- Attends and assists with LifeWorks events as needed.
- Builds and develops a team of highly motivated, skilled, and productive professionals to drive company operational goals.
- Partners with both military executives and the project management team to audit and improve maintenance and repair initiatives and goals.
- Responsible for monitoring financial and operational findings for property and collaborating with Project Director and Community Manager/Director to ensure maintenance team is within budget and on task while delivering a high level of service.
- Monitors all operational policies and recommends changes to improve overall functionality of business.
- Creates and communicates, upon approval, new maintenance policies and procedures designed to enhance customer service and employee safety as well as assisting in the setting of higher standards for the installation.
- Responsible for overseeing the company safety, Hazmat and environmental plans, and Zero Harm initiatives at assigned installation.
Typical Physical Demands: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools, controls, phones and computer keyboard. Frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move office supplies up to 75 lbs.
Who we're looking for:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates degree is preferred
- Universal H.V.A.C. certification preferred
- Strong understanding of facility management with minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience in facilities management.
- Proficient in bid management, forecasting, budget preparation and financial management.
- Strong people management, leadership skills, customer relations skills and strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel and proficient in Yardi preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects and excel under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of local building codes and OSHA standards including, but not limited to, Hazmat, EPA and Universal Waste protocols is preferred.
- Possession of a valid, state-issued driver’s license and safe driving record is also required.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.