LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Exemption: Salary Exempt
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Relocation Assistance Eligible
- Paid Vacations/ Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Motus Vehicle Reimbursement Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability
This role is a key member of the equipment division and supports the enterprise wide maintenance programs and the Total Process Reliability TPR (continuous improvement) initiative. The maintenance planner / scheduler is responsible for coordinating all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance on vehicles and construction equipment, to include lifecycle management of repair work orders.
- Manage, maintain, and effectively communicate equipment division's KPIs
- Enters and is the "Keeper" of the vital maintenance information within the CMMS
- Populates and manages PM's and other routine, reoccurring work
- Serves as a service writer, translating operator reported equipment deficiencies into actionable work orders.
- Coordinates with operations to ensure equipment is available for maintenance.
- Dispatches and supervises road mechanics and preventative maintenance (PM) technicians.
- Documents mechanic’s and technician’s activities in system of record.
- Reviews original equipment manufacturers (OEM) maintenance manuals in order to ensure up to date standard maintenance groups.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification
- 6+ years’ experience in repairing and/or maintaining vehicles or heavy equipment
- SAP maintenance planning and PM task implementation and improvement
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills necessary to facilitate minimization of equipment downtime
- Valid drivers' license with good driving record
- Mechanical Technical Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or Logistics or a closely related field of study
- Knowledge of state and local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other related safety regulations.
Environmental Working Conditions
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position.
- Office environment (70%)
- Daytime travel within local area (30%)
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Work entails visits to multiple sites in which incumbent would be exposed to loud noise, dust, and odor.
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Heavy Equipment Shop Foreman
- OTR Vehicle Shop Foreman
- Field Mechanic/ Technician Supervisor
- Planner/ Scheduler for Heavy Equipment
- Planner/ Scheduler for Construction
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.