LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Lehman-Roberts Company and sister company Memphis Stone and Gravel, have been a part of the fabric of Memphis for more than a combined 190 years. Now in its fourth generation of family ownership, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing and placement of quality hot mix asphalt along with surface mining of aggregates. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement, and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, the family of companies specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial projects to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
Exemption: Hourly, Non-Exempt
We have committed to become a leader in the highway construction and aggregate industries by rewarding our most valuable resource... our employees! As part of the team, we offer:
- Paid Vacations/ Holidays
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401K w/ Company Match and Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Account
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance and Disability
Administrative Asst. Summary
The Administrative Assistant I is the supportive force within the company. This position is a problem solver with excellent communication skills, impeccable attention for detail and possesses the ability to plan, coordinate, organize and multitask in an office setting. The candidate should also have experience working in an office environment, performing administrative tasks, and providing support to coworkers.
Administrative Asst. Responsibilities
- Collects and distributes mail, packages, deliveries, etc.
- Data entry for multiple departments
- Scans, maintain files
- Maintains lunch rotation calendar
- Process and sends certified payroll
The Employee/ Customer Experience
- Screen customer, vendors, employee calls transfer when needed
- Screen in-person customer, vendors, employees at Cooper St. office
- Tracks tenure and sends out Service awards
- Ordering and setup of breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc. for trainings
- Setup of new hire orientation, training, etc.
- Conducts inventory and orders supplies (office, kitchen, training supplies, etc.)
- Secures and dispenses office keys
- Ensure optimal use of office equipment, supplies, and inventories through preventive maintenance
- Maintains kitchen cleaning schedule
Administrative Asst. Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years related experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
Environmental Working Conditions
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position.
- Office environment
- Travel within local area at times
Relatable Work Experience: Applicants with the following experience may have enough relatable skills to be considered for this opening.
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Manager
- Customer Service in Construction Industry
- Marketing Assistant
It is the policy of Lehman-Roberts Company not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy and sexual orientation), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Lehman-Roberts Company and/or the Memphis Stone & Gravel Company and their designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-hire drug testing.