The Yard Intern will assist the team with day-to-day operations in Brennan’s yard.
Yard Intern Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment
- Set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures.
- General clean-up of shop including sweeping, painting, and other general housekeeping duties
- Perform general maintenance on the equipment.
- Moving material around in the yard
- Additional duties as assigned.
Yard Intern Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to follow instructions and perform tasks safely and correctly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, on computers and other electronic devices
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter, highly organized, and creative.
- Superior time management and organizational capabilities, including the ability to accurately benchmark project length, deliver on deadlines.
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction.
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safetyand quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.