CareWell Services Southwest seeks a full-time AP/GL Coordinator for our team.
Make a difference in the lives of your community!
We promote health, independence, and choice for seniors, persons with disabilities, and caregivers. As an area agency on aging, we identify seniors’ needs and develop plans to enable older adults to maintain their independence with dignity through person-centered services. In addition, we recognize the needs of seniors and develop strategies to help older adults to maintain their independence with dignity through person-centered services.
- Performs many of the accounting functions necessary to help ensure the smooth operations of the Finance Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Processes cash disbursements, ensuring support documentation and accuracy.
- Monitors bank accounts daily, verifying ACH transactions and tracking for the monthly report; reviews daily Positive Pay reports for exceptions.
- Updates A/P and general ledger entries scanning to online files.
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll & processes year-end A/P reports.
- Maintains and reconciles employee payroll deductions with expenses and Accounts Payable to General Ledger.
- Processes payroll and submits timely to Arcoro for processing.
- Maintains A/P Vendor, A/P Waiver, and Employee payroll files.
- Prepares monthly general ledger entries for grant processing.
- Tracks grant expenses and prepare reports for Chief Operating Officer.
- Updates Employee 401K Contributions & process employee disbursement requests.
- Assists in the audit process.
- Support the achievement of the Agency’ mission, vision and reflects its values in work behavior.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in accounting or the equivalent in job experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a financial position preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not required.
At CareWell Services, we offer a flexible work schedule because we believe in balancing your personal life and work. In addition, we offer a competitive salary matching 401(k) plan and provide comprehensive benefits to all full-time team members from day one of hire.