Are you a motivated individual who can apply your skills, knowledge, and passion as a Project Manager?
We are looking for a Project Manager that has prior experience in managing construction projects with a focus on railroad infrastructure (bridges, culverts, etc.) with familiarity in railroad design, construction, maintenance, and operational practices.
This individual will have to live in proximity to one of our office locations in La Crosse, WI, Duluth, MN, St. Paul, MN or Ottawa, IL.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for project administration; including preparing work scopes and organizing cost structure; prepare, monitor, and update master schedule and rolling schedule.
- Identify, formalize, prepare, and submit Brennan’s contract modification proposals and distribute change documents to all affected parties, issue and expedite requests for quotations to subcontractors and vendors and review quotes for fairness and accuracy in accordance with contract requirements.
- Maintain consistent and constant communication with the project Superintendent to ensure a safe, high quality, and productive project can be executed. Assist Superintendent in the implementation of Brennan policies and the execution of the project.
- Responsible for financial reporting, updating commitment and projection information current in the company job costing system, preparing monthly progress reports by incorporating all new subcontract amounts, material purchases costs to date and change orders and preparing owner billing by assembling Brennan costs, receiving, and reviewing subcontractor invoices and organizing the documents in accordance with the owner’s requirements and review with Regional Director
- Prepare and assist estimating team on bids, including effectively quote work for clients on smaller scope jobs, conduct quantity takeoffs for both jobs under contract and work being bid, assist and/or conduct bid reviews on various types of jobs prior to submission
- Assist in negotiating contract terms and conditions with clients
- Review all subcontractor and vendor shop drawings, product data, samples, manuals, for all compliance with contract documents and coordination with all other work
- Assist with Business Development
- Ability to travel to jobsites
Project Manager Qualifications:
- Required B.S. in civil engineering, mechanical engineering, construction management or related field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with the construction field, heavy civil, railroads, bridges, or marine construction
- Knowledge of railroad operations, regulations and safety standards.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to internal and external clients
- Knowledge of project management control systems (scheduling, cost control, procurement, value engineering and estimating)
- Able to read and interpret project specifications, prepare project submittals, and prepare post job reports
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word along with scheduling and project management software (i.e. Primavera P6, MS Project)
- Work independently yet part of a team
Who is Brennan?
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. (Brennan) is a 100-year-old, family-owned company that specializes in water-based environmental remediation and marine construction headquartered in La Crosse, WI that offers our employees growth, challenging work, empowerment, and meaningful work. Brennan is known for tackling complex maritime projects, providing unique solutions through teamwork and collaboration, and maintaining a family-orientated culture.
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row and recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplacein Construction
- Our culture sets us apart. We strive to make our company the best possible place to work. We work hard to continue to build a culture in which every individual is important and the key to our success.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to succeed.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above-average compensation.
- We offer an industry-leading benefits package. We are proud to offer our employees and their families group health, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(K) program with generous matching, annual bonus eligibility and profit-sharing program.
- We also provide a Work-Life Balance Program, which provides a balanced schedule and additional premium while in the field.
J.F. Brennan Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.