As a Cleaning Dock at Brennan, you are a key member in our organization. You keep the barges cleaned so we keep products so your team can keep product moving and safeguard important commodities as they travel hundreds of miles to get product to its destination. You are an essential worker at Brennan and in the US. Economy.
Cleaning Dock Responsibilities:
As a member of the Brennan crew, you’ll report to the Cleaning Manager and assist in the cleaning of the barges with the use of cranes, brooms, shovels, scrapers, sledgehammers, pressure and trash pumps, jackhammers and other tools as needed.
- Inspecting all barges during the cleaning process for damages and notifying the supervisor of the same
- Responsible for maintaining the work site, moorings, and equipment
- Ability to operate and maintain all equipment utilized
- Assist the vessel crew during down time
- Responsible for securing all equipment daily
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the work site
Cleaning Dock Requirements:
Brennan deckhands are hard workers and enjoy working outdoors on the water. Rain or shine, our clients and their end customers need your help getting commodities and products delivered.
- Ability to work safely - safety is our #1 priority
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- High school diploma or GED required
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely over a radio
- Capable of lifting and moving heavy objects
- Willing and able to learn the challenging tasks of being a safe crew member
Compensation and Benefits
We provide a generous, industry-leading benefits package. The protection of our employees and families is important to us, we are proud to offer a group health insurance plan that is designed with our teams needs in mind.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Optional accident, cancer, and critical illness insurance
- 401(k) program with generous matching
- Annual bonus eligibility
- Annual profit-sharing program
- Paid vacation, time off
- ID protection
- Fitness plan reimbursement
Why choose us?
- We are a company voted by our employees as a certified Great Place to Work®, for the sixth year in a row and recognized by Fortune magazine as a Best Workplace in Construction.
- Our focus on safety and quality is unmatched in the industry, and our ability to innovate has enabled us to exceed.
- They key to our success is our people! From personal development, to teamwork and collaboration, we strive to promote individual growth and advancement.
- We are a family-focused company and are determined to provide a rewarding career that offers above average compensation.
If you want a career where you will work hard, have opportunities for advancement, and do things every day that others only dream about then we want you.
Brennan Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.