Shaw-Lundquist Associates, Inc. (SLA) was founded in 1974 and provides construction services as a general contractor, construction manager and design/builder serving a variety of clients in the retail, entertainment, multi-unit, educational, commercial, governmental, institutional and industrial markets. The company currently has 2 offices in Minnesota and Nevada. The company utilizes the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) in guiding the company.
The company’s core target is to be a nationally recognized Asian-American owned enterprise with a national footprint and $500 million in revenue by March 2030.
The core focus of the company is to Build Better Lives through client-focused solutions for complex construction projects. Building Better Lives looks beyond the physical building and looks at the creation and use of the building and how it will provide better lives through learning, living, and working for everyone. Client focused solutions for complex construction projects compel us to learn and understand the owner’s goals and drives us to ensure a successful project for the client.
Building Better Lives by Building with Integrity and PRIDE is our commitment statement to ourselves, which commits us to the core purpose and values of SLA
- Integrity – Do I do the right thing even when no one is watching or looking?
- Professionalism – Do I work and represent myself and SLA in a manner that I am proud of?
- Respect – Do I respect others and have I earned their respect?
- Ingenuity – Do I seek to improve the current situation?
- Determination – Do I do my best and demonstrate a commitment to get the job done?
- Excellence – Do I have completely satisfied clients and colleagues?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Provide pre-construction support:
- Lead the submittal and RFI processes thru ProCore
- Evaluate project design and engineering documents, ensuring their organization and distribution to necessary parties
- Perform project specific tasks in preparation of the team mobilizing to site
- Assist with the preparation of Pre-Mobilization Kickoff meetings
- Review and Assist with the Quality Control Process Set-up
- Review plans and other technical documents.
- Maintain/update project records.
- Create, manage and track RFI’s. Prepare RFI Logs.
- Assist the project manager/superintendent in creating and distributing the project schedule.
- Accept, review for compliance, and submit submittals from subcontractors to A/E for approval, including shop drawings, product data, samples.
- Record and update meeting minutes for the various site and OAC meetings
- Assist project team with conflict resolution between owner, contractor, and subcontractor.
- Assist with the ongoing Quality Control Process
- Manage the inventory process as materials arrive to site inspection, offload, receiving, and storage
- Create and Maintain Procurement Log, including dates required on site, lead times, material/submittal approvals. Assist Project Manager and Project Superintendents as needed regarding the ordering of project specific material needs.
- Coordinate & Lead Subcontractor Pre-Construction meetings, initial inspections, follow-up inspections, punch list final inspections
- Manage mechanical, electrical, and sprinkler coordination drawings, shop drawings and as built drawings
- Manage the Mechanical & Electrical Commissioning Process.
- Prepare quantity take-offs, calling vendors and subcontractors for proposals & assembling proposals for Project Manager
- Manage the production logs for work put in place (self-performed or subcontracted) & timecards
- Track observations or incidents regarding Safety or Quality thru ProCore
- General support for the project team as needed with various day-to-day tasks.
- Assist Project Manager & Coordinator with getting contract documents closed out with subcontractors and suppliers
- Support the final inspections and punch list process
- Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the project team
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Participate in project safety audits and safety meetings onsite.
- Assist with Microsoft Project schedule updates until completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, or equivalent experience in a Construction Project Management Certification Program
- OSHA 30
- 1+ years of relevant construction experience
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and ADD Insurance
- 401K Plan