East and Westbrook is based in Buckner, Kentucky (Outside of Louisville). This position will be based out of our offices in the Buckner, KY area. If you are looking for your next career and not just a job, continue reading...
At East and Westbrook Construction, we professionally build complex structures and lasting relationships! If you have a desire to work with and for a company that cares, why not put your construction safety skills and experience to work for our family run construction company that’s been around since 1977? We know that “Lasting construction starts with a solid safety foundation.” Our six decades of experience have allowed us to grow into a versatile construction company that wants to provide careers for anyone that is looking to get out of the ordinary and be part of something extraordinary.
Our ideal candidate will have three to five years of Safety Experience in Heavy Civil and/or Industrial Construction. You must also be able to pass all required pre-employment screens including a background check with MVR (driving record) and eleven-panel drug screen. This candidate will need to be Bi-lingual (English and Spanish), have a degree is Safety, Industrial hygiene or Construction Management. You should also have your OSHA 500 (or be able to get within 180 days of start and have your Certified Health and Safety Technician Certification (CHST) or obtain within one year of start. Some projects require TWIC (Transportation Worker identification Credential).
East and Westbrook is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Here is what we are looking for and need:
- The basic responsibility for employee health and safety rests with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
- Works in accordance with good safety practices as directed by federal, state and local laws, codes and standards, as well as any instructions pertaining to a specific operation/job.
- Accepts responsibility for their own safety and reports all unsafe conditions or acts to their immediate supervisor.
- Reports all incidents or injuries immediately upon occurrence to their supervisor.
- Refrains from any unsafe acts that may endanger themselves or others.
- Wears appropriate attire and footwear for the work environment to be encountered.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required and maintains it in a serviceable condition.
- Understand the scope of work for upcoming projects and work with the East and Westbrook management team to ensure proper safety measures are in place to meet OSHA, East and Westbrook, and the Customers safety expectations and ultimately eliminate injuries and minimize property damages/ losses throughout the duration of the project.
- Work directly with Project Managers and the project team to create, review, and/or implement Emergency Action Plans, Safe Work Plans, Lift Plans, Rigging Plans, Job Hazard Analysis, Site Specific Safety Plans, and all other safety plans as required by OSHA, East and Westbrook, and Customer expectations.
- Inspect and evaluate project sites, equipment, planning tools, and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations, East and Westbrook and our Customer.
- Provide a detailed inspection report in accordance with East and Westbrook and Customer expectations regarding any identified deficiencies and abatement measures.
- Throughout the duration of the project work directly with project managers and the management team to plan, control and coordinate all work to eliminate hazards, minimize risks, and aggressively manage losses involving injuries or property damages.
- Facilitate and/or participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis in accordance with East and Westbrook and Customer procedures and expectations.
- Train and assist crews on site to continuously improve their safety knowledge and skills associated with overall safety management.
- Implements all drug testing procedures for pre-hire, reasonable suspicion, random and post incident.
- Assist with orienting new hires, compliance training, East and Westbrook specific training, customer specific training, and all other trainings associated with the Safety and Health of our workforce.
- Work toward continuous improvement and education regarding your Safety, Health, and Environmental expertise to consistently improve your abilities as a professional and as a resource to East and Westbrook and our Customers.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist with overall departmental goals and improvements, prequalification’s, and tracking.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Criminal Justice, or Construction Management preferred.
- No less than 3 to 5 years of experience where safety management is more than 50% of your job responsibility.
- OSHA 500 preferred, must be obtained within 180 days of start date.
- Construction Health and Safety Technician Certification (CHST) preferred, must be obtained within 1 year from start date.
- Current training in First Aid, CPR and AED, and willingness to become an AHA Heartsaver First aid, CPR, AED Trainer.
- Leader of safety culture.
- Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish)
- Demonstrated ability to lead a safety culture, communicate professionally, and provide a high level of service as a safety leader to management, craft workers, and our customer.
- Demonstrated ability to plan work to avoid emergencies, remain positive even when things get tough, and communicate potential issues quickly to peers and upline.
- Knowledge and experience in the following:
- Federal, State and local regulations in Safety and Industrial Hygiene
- Hazard recognition and analysis
- OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and communicate it in either written or verbal format.