East and Westbrook is based in Buckner, Kentucky (Outside of Louisville). Our six decades in business have made us a very versatile construction company that offers careers to those looking to move from the ordinary to the extraordinary. If you are looking for your next career and not just a job, continue reading...
At East and Westbrook Construction, we professionally build complex structures and lasting relationships! If you have a desire to work with and for a company that cares, why not put your construction skills and experience to work for our family run construction company that’s been around since 1977? We know that “Lasting construction starts with a solid safety foundation.”
Our ideal candidate must be bi-lingual in English and Spanish and have three to five years of Safety Experience in Heavy Civil and/or Industrial Construction. You must also be able to pass all required pre-employment screens including a background check with MVR (driving record) and eleven-panel drug screen. You should also have your OSHA 500 (or be able to get within 180 days of start and have your Certified Health and Safety Technician (CHST) Certification or obtain within one year of start. Some projects require TWIC (Transportation Worker identification Credential).
East and Westbrook is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Here is what we are looking for and need:
- Support management of all aspects of safety and health on site at a singular or multiple construction sites.
- Ensure proper safety measures are in place to meet OSHA, East and Westbrook, and the Customers safety expectations and ultimately eliminate injuries and minimize property damages/ losses throughout the duration of the project.
- Works directly with project managers and the management team to ensure Site Specific Safety Plan is implemented appropriately on site and updated as needed.
- Inspects and evaluates project sites, equipment, planning tools, and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with all applicable safety regulations.
- Provide a detailed inspection report with deficiencies and corrective measures noted.
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis in accordance with East and Westbrook and Customer procedures and expectations.
- Train and assist crews on site to continuously improve their safety knowledge and skills associated with overall safety management
- The basic responsibility for employee health and safety rests with the individual. It is a condition of employment for all employees to conduct their work in a safe and healthful manner.
- Works in accordance with good safety practices as directed by federal, state and local laws, codes and standards, as well as any instructions pertaining to a specific operation/job.
- Accepts responsibility for their own safety and reports all unsafe conditions or acts to their immediate supervisor.
- Reports all incidents or injuries immediately upon occurrence to their supervisor.
- Refrains from any unsafe acts that may endanger themselves or others.
- Wears appropriate attire and footwear for the work environment to be encountered.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment as required and maintains it in a serviceable condition.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- No less than 5 years of experience in heavy construction safety or education and certifications may substitute some experience but not all.
- Preferred degree in Safety, construction Management, OSHA 510, CHST
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of safety leadership to both management and craft workers.
Knowledge and experience in the following:
- Federal, State and local regulations in Safety and Industrial Hygiene
- Hazard recognition and analysis
- OSHA, NFPA, NEC, ANSI, TCEQ
- Current training in First Aid, CPR and AED
- Demonstrated ability to take complex information and communicate it in either written or verbal format.
- Motivated to learn and develop additional skills