At Shaw-Lundquist, we believe in client-focused solutions to deliver challenging construction projects for delighted clients. This commitment to our mission and values continues to earn our reputation as a builder with integrity.
As one of the largest Asian American-owned contractors in the nation, we are also committed to expanding diversity in the construction industry. Our mission is “Building Better Lives” and one way we do that is to actively open new opportunities for women and minorities in every area of construction.
The Marketing Coordinator will support the execution of Shaw-Lundquist’s Business Development, Communications, and Marketing Plan, with a primary focus on developing winning proposals and presentations.
Provide key support to the Business Development and Marketing Communications team to accomplish defined financial performance objectives for the company. The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Marketing Manager.
Graphic Design & Marketing Materials
- Provide leadership, planning, and guidance on assigned responses to requests for proposals (RFPs), statements of qualifications (SOQs), and other business development opportunities.
- Ensure a consistent brand following established company standards and best practices.
- Design, develop, and coordinate presentations for trade shows, industry events, and client engagement.
- Maintain current staff resumes.
- Support the planning and delivery of site-specific signage and communication.
- Provide specific support, as assigned, for the implementation of the annual communications plan and master calendar, strategically designed to support business development objectives and influence decision-making in favor of Shaw-Lundquist.
- Plan and prepare press releases across media platforms to publicize project starts, project milestones, project dedications, and other company news.
- Support the planning and execution of a consistent social media presence to promote Shaw-Lundquist as a preferred employer and partner in the construction industry.
- Awards submissions: Coordinate with clients and design teams to prepare and successfully submit industry award nominations, including but not limited to Finance & Commerce Top Projects, NAIOP Awards of Excellence, Design-Build Institute of America, and a variety of AIA awards on an annual basis.
- Support Marketing Manager with the company website (www.shawlundquist.com) maintenance, as needed.
Project Data Management and Internal Support
- Coordinate internal staff events as needed, specifically including an annual staff social, Fred Shaw awards, staff holiday cards, and the annual philanthropic giving campaign.
- Coordinate a corporate volunteer day of service (Habitat for Humanity, Polar Plunge, etc.) as needed.
- Manage and continuously update client database, used for outreach, invitations, gifts, mailings, and holiday cards.
- Coordinate professional project photography and staff head shots throughout the year.
- Support Marketing Manager with project information gathering and maintenance.
- Support Marketing Manager in managing the on-going Client Satisfaction/NPS Program, encouraging project-specific teams to engage with clients at planned points during the construction process. Maintain and record accurate notes and results when needed.
- Support Marketing Manager with client specific diversity/supplier portal maintenance.
Apparel & Promotional Items
- Serve as primary liaison for staff to manage and complete requests for Shaw-Lundquist branded apparel.
- Track distribution and inventory of apparel and promotional items.
- Research, price, evaluate, and make recommendations on new or retired items.
- Plan and coordinate employee and client holiday gifts.
- Organized, dependable, and detail-oriented team player with a cooperative attitude.
- Excellent computer knowledge for both MAC and PC environments with proficiency in InDesign, Microsoft Word, Photoshop, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Content writing and proofing skills.
- Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms across all media.
- Completed college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations).
- Committed to on-going, self-directed professional development, not limited to current responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
- Alignment with Shaw-Lundquist’s values and the clients we serve.