Croell Redi-Mix, Inc. is privately-held regional construction company with over 100 multi-state locations. We are a major producer of concrete and asphalt road construction in the Midwest & are currently looking for highly motivated, experienced and productive individuals to join our operations as Redi-Mix Drivers. As a Redi-Mix Driver, you will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines; check for concrete quality & load according to tickets, and maintain courteous customer relations. You must be available to work six days a week during peak season. Please check us out at www.croell.com or call 641-732-5483 to learn more about the position or pick up an application.
Applicant must possess the following skills:
- Ability to maintain vehicles in a clean, organized and safe manner
- Ability to complete pre-trip inspections on vehicles to ensure that all D.O.T standards are met (i.e. air brakes, oil, water, tire inflation, proper lighting, permits, safety kit, log book updated, etc.)
- Willingness & ability to perform maintenance on assigned trucks
- Ability to visually inspect mix for proper materials, verify load size to ticket, check for proper slump and adjust accordingly
- Deliver concrete using the most efficient route as directed by dispatcher or Plant Manager
- Ability to communicate & work with all customers in a manner that reflects excellent customer service.
- Work with local Plant Manager and other drivers to ensure all customer requests are being met.
- Complete wash down at job site according to location customer directs, complete drum rinse upon returning to plant & perform required drum “chipping”.
- Must be willing to wash out drum, fuel truck, clean truck, and complete end of day truck inspection.
- Must record any maintenance issues in truck log book and ensure supervisor is aware of any maintenance issues that would inhibit work production or create safety concerns
- Process required paperwork throughout the day (time reporting, truck reports, trip tickets)
- Must possess a Class B CDL or greater with air brake endorsement
- Assist with additional duties at the concrete plant when directed by Plant Manager
- Must have valid DOT medical card and clean DMV record with no points or suspensions
- Must be willing to follow, enforce, & promote company safety standards at all times
The following skills are preferred:
- Concrete knowledge & experience
- Mechanical background & skills
- Front end loader experience (feed Plant, move material, clean yard, etc..)
- Looking for team members willing to learn business & promote within organization!
- National Career Readiness Certificate is preferred
We offer competitive pay & the following benefits:
- Health – Dental – Vision - Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
* A pre-employment drug and work screen are required upon job offer.