Construction Project Engineer
Job Title: Project Engineer (PE)
Pay Range: $60,000- $85,000
Region: Western USA - Arizona
Reporting To: Project Manager’s (PM)
Responsible For: Provide assistance to PMs for projects ranging up to $20 million. Also responsible for ensuring all required administrative reports are completed per Federal, State, and HHI Corporation as assigned.
Job Purpose: To ensure quality of work and compliance with OSHA, federal, state, and company policies. Provide administrative support.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintain project and job site files
- Set up and maintain drawing logs
- Log and transmit documents as directed by the Project Manager
- Set up and maintain project files using Procore software
- Transmit and file subcontracts and purchase orders
- Maintain and track required subcontractor documents; i.e. insurance, releases, affidavits etc.
- Assist the Project Manager during the bid and buyout process, including distribution of plans and specifications. This will also include receipt and filing of subcontractor proposals
- Assist the Project Manager in project related issues as needed
- Respect the confidentiality of the company and its clients at all times
- Assemble closeout documents and O&M manuals
- Assist with client and/or Subcontractor relationships
- Perform other office duties as needed
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Must be able to work with government and non-government personnel in a professional and clear manner. Be able to work with different trades and construction focuses to ensure a quality environment without limiting the trades ability to complete work. Must be able to properly communicate over the phone and in writing to upper management including Owners, PM’s, Superintendents, and Corporate Safety.
- 2 years experience in commercial/industrial construction – federal experience preferred
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent plan and specification reading skills
- Well developed organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must pass government security clearance standards
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen test if hired
- Good driving record, valid license - insurable through the company
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Experience in Procore
- Experience in Bluebeam
- Basic scheduling knowledge
- Basic Account and/or Contract Administration duties
- Experience in Resident Management System (RMS) utilized by the USACE