Reliance Fire Protection is a total fire protection solution for new construction and retrofit projects. We service the D.C. and Baltimore, MD areas and provide 24-hour emergency service and preventative maintenance plans for all fire protection systems.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Fire Alarm Technician
Energetic, self starter technician needed for growing Fire Alarm division. Successful candidate should be looking for a long term employment relationship. Likes working with others and being part of a team. Has a good work ethic and strives for top performance. Candidate must be able to perform test and inspection, programming, basic repair and maintenance on major makes and models of fire alarm systems with minimal supervision. The candidate will be responsible for work at the job(s), and will report to a Division Manager. Daily travel is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, repair, modify and replace Fire Alarm Systems.
- 2-3yrs Field experience at Testing, Inspecting & Trouble Shooting Systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NFPA, NEC, and local applicable codes
- NICET Level II, a plus.
- Basic Working knowledge of NFPA, and experience with wet, dry and pre-action systems, not required but a plus
- A solid DMV record with no moving violations.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and a self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with moderate supervision a must.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment; ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting scheduled time frames.
- Proven electrical skills, the ability to read and understand documents, a strong understanding of how things work and operate together in a Service environment.
- Previous work with monitoring is a huge plus.
- Inspecting, testing, programming, and servicing Fire Alarm Systems.
- Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports.
- Daily on-site Office/Shop contact to assure communication of materials and assignments.
- Daily communications with service supervisor and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of job.
- Willing to be on-call after hours for emergency service requests.
- Safe use and operation of hand tools and powered hand tools.
- Willingness to acquire added responsibilities for servicing and maintaining Fire Suppression systems.
- Must be able to work at heights and lift at least 50lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.