Career Fair Open House at The Beacon Jersey City
Career Open House at The Beacon in Jersey City! Looking for a new opportunity? Do you have a background in retail? Sales? Hospitality? Restaurants? Are you looking for different ways to work in Customer Service?
DATE/TIME: Thursday, March 30th, 2017 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
ADDRESS: 126 Clifton Place (GPS – 20 Beacon Way), Jersey City, NJ,
LOCATION: Paramount Club Room, PARKING: Valet Parking (FREE)
RESUME: Please bring your resume with you for the Career Fair Open House
The Beacon in Jersey City currently has exciting opportunities that will not only leverage the skills you have, but also provide career growth and development! Our Residential Communities provide hands on experience for many areas of expertise and interest. You’ll be working with us to help maintain and enhance Jersey City’s newest and most exciting community!
Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, including The Beacon, a transformative development in Jersey City, NJ. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, it encompasses a large campus, with a waterfront, more than 1,100 residential units.
BLT is a fast-paced, growth oriented company
The Assistant Manager/Customer Service Manger (ACM/CSM) is responsible for assisting the Community Manager/General Manager (CM/GM) in maintaining all aspects of property operations. The CM/GM will generally assign primary areas of responsibility (which may change over time) to ensure that the ACM/CSM receives “on the job” training concerning each aspect of operating the property. It is the ACM’s/CSM’s responsibility to know and adhere to all federal, state, and local laws, as well as all policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by Prime Real Estate or as otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing ) to associates.The expectation is that, over time, under the tutelage of a CM/GM, the ACM/CSM will be prepared for and eligible to be considered for a CM position.
• Act as liaison between CM/GM, the community staff, and residents
• Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to CM/GM for marketing the property and improving resident satisfaction.
• Maintain accurate resident records. Update all rents, deposits, and application fees received by residents on a daily basis.
• Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment notices, eviction notices, returned check memos).
• Deposit all receipts prior to bank closing each day.
• Be aware of Prime Real Estate goals relative to resident satisfaction and resident retention.
• Interface with residents to address concerns, negotiate lease renewals, and prepare preliminary account reviews for those residents on notice.
• Warmly greet prospective residents, qualify, determine needs and preferences, professionally present community and specific apartments while providing features and benefits.
• Answer incoming phone calls and handle accordingly, whether prospect call, resident issue, service request, etc.
• Accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance for prompt processing.
• Conduct service follow-up with residents when job is completed.
• Ensure that the office, clubroom, models, and “market ready” vacants are in perfect condition.
• Clean, vacuum, and dust when needed. Physically inspect property when on grounds, pick up litter, and report any service needs to the maintenance staff. Inspect move-out and vacants.
• Correctly complete all lease applications, assist with application verification, and notify prospective resident of results. Type resident communication, i.e. pest control notices, etc.
• Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums. Accept rents and deposits.
• Update daily reports concerning notices to vacate, vacancy report, activity report, etc., on a daily basis and provide information to CM/GM. Organize and file all applicable reports, leases and paperwork.
Qualifications / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of two years Leasing/sales experience preferred.
• Minimum of two years property management experience preferred.
• Must be able to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Must be flexible, adaptable, and able to cope with change constructively.
• Intermediate level computer skills, including Microsoft word, Excel, E-mail and Internet.
• Experience with RealPage / OneSite is helpful.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k and a generous compensation package.