Location: Our home office address is 1227 Hwy 641 S Paris, TN & we are looking for for all experience levels residing in the West TN area.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Technical schools offer courses on pipe system design, safety, and tool use. They also offer welding courses that are considered necessary by some pipefitter and steamfitter apprenticeship training programs.
Most plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters learn their trade through a 4- or 5-year apprenticeship. Each year, apprentices must have at least 1,700 to 2,000 hours of paid on-the-job training and a minimum of 246 hours of related technical education.
On the job apprenticeship programs are offered at Ellis Heating Company, Inc. Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters learn on the job through specific task-oriented training. The basic qualifications for entering an apprenticeship program are being 18 years old and having a high school diploma or the equivalent.
After completing an apprenticeship program, plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters are considered to be journey workers, qualifying them to perform duties on their own.
- Holiday/Vacation/Sick Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Voluntary Insurance Package
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Tool Account
- Company T-shirts & Hats
- Company vehicle
- Install pipes and fixtures
- Study blueprints and follow state and local building codes
- Drawing & editing blueprints that show the placement of all the pipes and fixtures as needed
- Determine the amount of material and type of equipment needed
- Inspect and test installed pipe systems and pipelines
- Troubleshoot systems that are not working
- Replace worn parts
- Cut holes in walls, ceilings, and floors as needed
- Backfilling, tamping
- Supervisory skills. Plumbers must be able to direct workers, and plan work schedules according to job installation progress.
- Customer-service skills. Plumbers work with customers on a regular basis, so they should be polite and courteous.
- Mechanical skills. Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters use a variety of tools to assemble and repair pipe systems. Choosing the right tool and successfully installing, repairing, or maintaining a system is crucial to their work.
- Physical strength. Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters must be strong enough to lift and move heavy pipe.
- Troubleshooting skills. Plumbers, pipefitters, and steamfitters find, diagnose, and repair problems. For example, pipefitters must be able to perform pressure tests to pinpoint the location of a leak.
With more than 70 years in the heating and cooling business, Ellis Heating Company, Inc. and Ellis Mechanical, LLC are mechanical contracting companies serving West Tennessee with unlimited license numbers (10458, & 61458) & bondable in TN. HVAC service is handled by our related party company, EC Sales and Service, LLC. Many of our employees have 15+ years of experience at Ellis Heating Company, Inc.; we’ve earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time.