W&M Sprinkler Co. Inc. is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability that has been in business for over 20 years and offers a challenging work environment.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
TITLE: Fire Alarm Inspection & Service Technician
Company: W & M Sprinkler Company, Inc.
Location: Hawthorne, NY
W&M Sprinkler Co., Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for our Fire Alarm Inspection & Service Technician.
Candidates should possess a strong understanding of Fire alarm Systems. Experience in performing inspection, service work and troubleshooting is required. Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Good mathematical aptitude along with good oral, written and communication skills and a valid driver license. Candidates should also have good customer services skills, project management skills, and basic electrical knowledge. Candidates must be self-motivated and attend training classes, courses and seminars as requested by supervisor.
Responsibilities for a Fire Alarm Inspection & Service Technician position include:
- Perform inspection and testing on Fire alarm Systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of fire alarm system
- Installation of fire alarm equipment in accordance with code requirements
- Complete inspection reports and service work orders.
- Reads, interprets and applies technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (Such as NFPA 70, 72, etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical design documents.
- Reads and interprets building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Prepares lists for ordering of fire alarm and detection system equipment.
- Perform accurate surveys of fire alarm systems in existing buildings
- Coordinates installation with electricians.
- Coordinates activities with project manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Obtain NICET Level certifications
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran