We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced GIS Specialist to join our team in our Fargo Office location. If you are a passionate GIS professional and looking for exposure to a wide variety of GIS projects and technology, do not let this opportunity pass you by!
The qualified GIS Specialist candidate would provide expertise on a wide variety of GIS related projects for both internal and external clients. The position will primarily be responsible for database development, data analysis, advanced map development and exposure to web based GIS technologies. We are also looking for a GIS professional who has exceptional communication skills and is comfortable working directly with clients and within a team environment
Education and Experience:
- The selected candidate will have an applicable Degree in Geography, Computer Science or GIS related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of GIS related experience
- Extensive experience with ESRI software, specifically the ESRI ArcGIS v10.x suite
- Demonstrated experience with Geoprocessing within the ArcGIS environment
- Experience with Asset Management and Integration with GIS Platform
- Demonstrated experience in leading GIS initiatives and providing client support
- Experience administering ArcGIS for Server and ArcGIS Online
- Experience with relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrated experience in developing automation within the ArcGIS environment using scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with Trimble GPS devices
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Regional travel may be required.
- Experience with Web GIS Application Development
- Experience with CAD products including AutoDesk Map or Civil 3D
- Knowledge of GIS as it relates to Local Government, Public Works and Civil Engineering
- Experience working with municipal, county, state and federal agencies
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. We constantly look back and remember our humble beginnings which all started with John Bolton & Martin Menk and a dream. For over 66 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients in the Upper Midwest with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned and is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. With over 400 employees and 16 offices in Minnesota, Iowa and North Dakota there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or Facebook BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position will be open until filled.
No 3rd party recruiters