Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: BA
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Building and Land Technology is seeking an Analyst for its real estate investment/development team. The Analyst will assist in all aspects of acquisition, development, asset management and disposition analysis for opportunistic commercial real estate equity and distressed debt investments and BLT portfolio assets. Additionally, the Analyst will assist in the asset management of transactions and monitoring of the performance of the investment and BLT portfolios. The Analyst will work with a cross-functional team across BLT’s vertically integrated platform.
- Underwriting and Due Diligence – Conduct property income analysis, market research, sponsorship evaluation, cash flow modeling including asset level and joint venture (“waterfalls”), review of third party reports and property inspections.
- Memo Preparation – Assist in the creation of investment summaries and credit committee memos for existing and potential transactions.
- Portfolio Surveillance – Evaluate existing assets through periodic re-underwriting. Monitor watch list assets and recommend resolution strategies. Assist in expanding the asset management system to enhance portfolio management. Specifications and Qualifications
- The successful candidate will:
- Possess relevant professional experience in commercial real estate. Two plus years of work experience at a top tier investment bank, brokerage, real estate private equity fund or developer
- a plus but not a requirement.
- Desire to work in real estate finance and demonstrate ability to analyze various property types, including: office, multifamily, retail, hotel, industrial and mixed-use.
- Work effectively with multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a team based, capital markets focused environment.
- Be skilled in developing financial models in Microsoft Excel.
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Argus.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of fixed income analytics.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proactive and a self-starter. About Building and Land Technology
Building and Land Technology is a vertically integrated private real estate company based in Stamford, Connecticut with expertise in investment management, property management, development, design, construction, leasing and financing. BLT’s core growth strategy is focused on real estate development in Connecticut, New York City, and investing institutional capital in commercial real estate in the form of debt and equity across the United States. BLT’s diverse portfolio includes signature office space, hotels, historic renovations, premier mixed-use space and market leading multi-family developments.