Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Laying gravity storm, and sanitary sewer pipe, and pressure sewer and water mains.
- Setting and maintaining line and grade.
- Assembling joint fittings including mechanical, solvent weld, push-on, flanged, flare, fusion, etc.
- Assembling appurtenances for water and sewer systems.
- Setting, finishing, and adjusting storm, water and sewer structures, vaults, castings, utility boxes.
- Must have valid license and clean driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Must have 3 years minimum experience; others need not apply.
- Experience installing gravity storm & sanitary sewer.
- Experience assembling and installing ductile iron pipe fittings, valves, and appurtenances.
- Experience installing drainage and sewer structures and connections.
- Experience setting up and using pipe lasers, transits, and levels, understanding plans, survey stakes, line, and grade.
- Experience testing storm, water and sewer systems with air and hydrostatic tests.
- Experience with shoring systems including trench shields, speed shores, sheet piling and other mechanical shoring systems.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.