Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Benefits are available through the union.
Residential Fire Suppression Apprentice
Sprinkler Fitter Apprentices are pipefitting specialists in training in the fire protection industry. Western States Fire Protection is seeking qualified applicants, who are in the UA Local 669 Sprinkler fitters or will become a member of the union, for this position.
- Install, repair and maintain all types of fixed extinguishing systems, including underground piping
- Install, repair and maintain all types of residential fire sprinkler systems, including homes, apartments, hotels and retro fits
- Working with steel, cooper and CPVC pipe
- Responsible for installing and servicing a variety of other fire protection equipment such as standpipes, fire pumps and dry systems
- Travel within the state of northern Colorado and southern Wyoming to work on various locations/job sites as necessary
- Comply with union collective bargaining agreement
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Able to lift up to at least 50 pounds; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to climb ladders, use aerial lifts; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong mechanical background is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check; if applicable
The hourly rate starts at $14.73, depending on apprentice class level
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor