Residential Maintenance Technician:
Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects. BLT’s holdings include a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
BLT is a fast-paced growth oriented company.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Various hands-on maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community.
• Assists in and/or is directly assigned to complete work in “make-ready” apartments. Primarily includes but is not limited to painting, drywall repair/patching, carpet cleaning, floor cleaning, window cleaning, general maintenance repairs, housekeeping, etc.
• Performs various preventive maintenance functions as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
• Completes regular community inspections as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
• Assists the Maintenance Manager on special maintenance projects as necessary.
• Maintain grounds and common areas and keeps them free of trash and debris, as assigned.
• Works as assigned to help maintain all mechanical equipment on the community including, but not limited to HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc.
• Recommends the repair or replacement of any interior and/or exterior areas needing attention.
• Understands and complies with Fair Housing laws and standards.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, trade and/or technical school training a plus.
• Some computer knowledge with the ability to generate work orders using a property management software system. Training is included as needed.
• A minimum of one year hands-on maintenance experience in areas such as painting, cleaning, general repairs, drywall repairs. Light plumbing, carpentry and HVAC training is a plus.
• Must be able to lift and work with heavy equipment.
• Valid driver’s license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.
• EPA, CPO, HVAC and CFC certifications are a plus.
Medical / dental / vision insurance available, paid vacation, designated holidays, floating holidays and sick days.