Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of labor tasks related to erosion control, loading and unloading materials, traffic control, material assembly and installation.
- Always properly use the appropriate PPE for intended use and application.
- Safely operate a variety of power tools including electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, gas, diesel powered.
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools including cutting tools, knives, hammers, shovels, rakes, lutes, torches, saws and brooms.
- Safely use ladders & fall protection and restraint systems
- Read and understand grade stakes for grade checking and alignment using GPS, lasers, levels and string lines.
- Must have valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Experience safely using gas and diesel powered small machines such as pumps, generators, light plants, compactors, tampers, saws, brush cutters, blowers, etc.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience performing general labor duties.
- Experience safely using pneumatic powered impact tools, chipper, breakers, wrenches, etc.
- Experience hand grading for curbs, walks, foundations and other graded areas.
- Experience using hand tools such as knives, saws, shovels, hammers, rakes, lutes, brooms, etc.
- Experience reading and understanding grade stakes for checking grade with GPS, levels, lasers and string lines.
- Willing to work hard, listen and learn.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.