Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and supervise crew to safely and efficiently execute the work assigned
- Safely and productively execute utility work including gravity and pressure systems, storm, water and sanitary sewers, dry utilities
- Safely and productively execute grading operations for mass earthwork, loading of hauling vehicles in various soil types and conditions, fine grading for roads, curbs, walks, foundations and other surfaces
- Coordinate with the superintendent and project manager for scheduling of the work, testing, inspection, trucking, material deliveries, etc.
- Safely and effectively implement a variety of shoring procedures and systems including trench shields, hydraulic shores, sheet piling, soldier piles and lagging, sloping and benching, and training and certification in these areas as a competent person
- Ensure that the required quality level is met for all work assigned including compaction, alignment, grade, pressure testing, etc.
- Ensure daily time and job activity report is current and correct, daily job costing to ensure project goals are being met
- Must have valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- A minimum of 5 years experience performing grading work including mass earthwork, loading hauling vehicles, grading for roads, curbs, walks, foundations and other surfaces
- Experience using various shoring procedures and systems including trench shields, hydraulic shores, sheet piling, soldier piles and lagging, sloping and benching and training and certification in those areas as a competent person
- Experience using GPS, lasers, levels, transits and string lines for grade control and alignment, reading and understanding plans, specifications and grade stakes.
- Experience using various dewatering and water control systems including sump pumps, electric, diesel, gas or pneumatic powered, well points, deep wells, etc.
- Experience installing gravity and pressure systems, storm, water and sanitary sewers, dry utilities using a variety of pipe and joint materials including concrete, ductile iron, PVC, HDPE and corrugated metal
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.