Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed, PPE and safety tools and equipment are used consistently. Daily & weekly safety meetings/briefings are occurring. Pre-construction safety plan is developed with management team prior to beginning work. Promoting safety culture at Kerr is the priority.
- Ensure that quality workmanship is provided by all of our crews. Systematic internal checks and QC processes are used and double checked.
- Ensuring that Kerr Core Values are implemented and adhered to.
- Administers prime contract, subcontracts, paving truck fleet, including communications, document control, change management, payments, budget updates, and review of performance of direct reports, schedule management.
- Accountable for the profitable and timely execution of all projects assigned.
- Ensures daily job records project documents are current and accurate.
- Resolve contract issues and conflicts timely with the project owner, suppliers, subcontractors and other project parties.
- Daily job costing of crew activities and trucking
- Must have valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing asphalt paving contracts for public works and private owners for a variety of job types including site work, highway and road, utilities, airport, etc. Work experience on ODOT and WSDOT paving projects is preferred.
- A BS in Construction Management is preferred, but not mandatory, or equivalent job experience.
- Experience using project management software systems such as HCSS Heavy Job, electronic document control systems and file storage, project scheduling using MS Project, SureTrak, P6 or similar CPM software.
- Experience effectively and timely resolving contract disputes and managing changes.
- Experience managing multiple paving projects with a range of sizes and an annual aggregate of $20MM to $25MM or more.
- Experience with plant mix operations, pit and aggregate production.
- Experience with quality management including plant production and field placing testing, smoothness, Intelligent Compaction
- Ability to travel. Position requires travel during peak work season.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.