Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: BA
Willing to Travel
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, including Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with a full mile of waterfront, more than 4,000 residential units, and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
BLT is a fast-paced growth oriented company.
The Leasing Consultant position is responsible for leasing apartments and providing high level customer service to both internal and external clients, with the goal of maximizing occupancy and overall profitability. The leasing consultant role is dynamic, combining sales, customer service, relationship building and marketing to lease and maintain luxury apartment homes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct all business in accordance with Prime Real Estate, LLC.'s policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and residents meet.
- Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Inspects models and "market ready" vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a client call, irate resident, service request, etc. Transfer calls to Assistant Community Manager or Community/General Manager when appropriate.
- Greets prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, and professionally presents community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Provide feedback/data to CM/GM to improve leasing process
- Actively coordinate all renewals throughout the month. This includes sending letters (90, 60, 30 days) and scheduling resident appointments to discuss renewal rates and leasing options.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends.
- Contributes ideas to the property manager for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction
- Occasionally will be asked to perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Completes Guest Card information form on all clients, sends thank-you notes and performs follow-up.
- Correctly completes all lease applications, assists with application verification and notifies prospective residents of results.
- Types miscellaneous resident communication as needed.
- Completes all lease paperwork including related addenda and accepts rents and deposits.
- Organizes and files appropriate reports, leases and paperwork.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Analytic Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven closing skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with OneSite Products preferred
Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can)
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions, and checks for agreement with customers.
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner.
- Strong sense of accountability - ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do.
- Creates a personal connection with customers -- smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful, listens.
- Occasional need to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community, perform market surveys and also visit the corporate office.
- Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
- Stand, walk, or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day. Estimate 70% of time is spent on feet and 30% sitting at desk.
- Have frequent need (66% to 100% of time) to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting and presenting property.
- Have frequent need (66% to 100% of time) to perform the following activities:
o Bend/stoop/squat/kneel -- Pick up litter, filing
o Climb stairs -- show and inspect property
o Push or pull -- show and inspect property, close doors/cabinets
o Reach above shoulders -- inspect property, store supplies
- Frequent need (66% to 100% of time) to perform the following physical activities:
o Writing/typing -- corporate/inter-office, resident communications
o Grasping/turning -- telephone, doorknob use
o Finger dexterity -- operation of office equipment
o Lifting / carrying -- Paperwork, deliveries, books, files, misc.
- Over 25 lbs. -- rare need (less than 1% to 33% of time)
- Between 10-25 lbs. -- occasional need (1% to 33% of time)
- Less than 10 lbs. -- frequent need (33% to 66% of time)
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to complete forms, read and review reports, wide variety of correspondence, view computer screen. Frequent need to see small detail.
- Frequent need (33% to 66% of time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach (inspecting property, neighborhood survey).
- Constant need (66% to 100% of time) to communicate over telephone and in person with vendors, corporate and resident staff, residents and prospects.
- Usually indoor (33% to 66% of time). Frequently outdoors, all conditions (33% to 66% of time).
- Occasional exposure (1% to 33% of time) to paint fumes, solvents, adhesives, etc.
o Example: Apartment immediately after make-ready.
- Moderate. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may occasionally call for minor deviations. Must be able to think rationally beyond a specific set of instructions.
- High. Must be able to work at a fast pace, perform duties while under pressure, and meet dead lines in a timely manner, to interact/communicate with other associates, residents, visitors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance