Commercial Leasing – Director
About Building and Land Technology
Building and Land Technology (BLT), founded in 1982, is a privately held real estate developer, manager and private equity firm. BLT is vertically integrated and has invested in, developed, owned and managed in excess of 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000+/- real estate agents. To learn more about BLT visit http://www.bltoffice.com.
We have an opportunity to join our Stamford based Leasing Team as a Commercial Leasing Director. This position will be responsible for attracting tenants for a variety of AAA rated commercial office properties within our Stamford CT portfolio. The Leasing Director will be focused on the marketing, client development and leasing of mid-size to large transactions.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Manhattan office market preferred
- Commercial leasing track record a must
- Self-motivated, disciplined and driven.
- Demonstrated ability in Leasing, Sales/Marketing and Entrepreneurial roles
- Assertive, goal oriented, competitve self starters
- Ability to generate business and establish relationships in market
- Excellent Oral & Written Communications skills incl. Negotiating capability
- Strong Strategic abilities
- Superior Organizational Skills / Detail Oriented
- Excellent Analytical & Reasoning abilityTeam oriented activities, personal achievements &/or leadership roles in background.
- Bachelors &/or Advanced Degree
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of related experience in commercial leasing, brokerage, or marketing preferred.
- Financial aptitude and ability to perform some financial analysis required.
- Valid Real Estate Salespersons License desirable.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants or vendors in an articulate, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently, as well as part of a team to further organizational goals.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word,Excel and Lotus Notes.