Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Do a complete pre- and post-trip inspection of truck and all trailers used for the day.
- Drive safely to and from jobsites and other destinations.
- Safely load and unload a wide variety of heavy machinery.
- Properly follow all safety practices as outline by Kerr Contractors and any other site-specific requirements
- Properly fill out all paperwork associated with Kerr Heavy Haul and all DOT required paperwork and turn them in on Monday mornings.
- Be able to travel - sometimes gone for two weeks or more.
- Must have valid Class "A" CDL with double/triple endorsement - tank and hazmat and clean driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT physical and have a current medical card.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience
- Ability to lift 50 to 100 lbs.
- Strong work ethic - willingness to stay until the job is finished.
- Basic mechanic skills - ability to diagnose problems with truck/trailer and machinery and understanding of basic electrical systems, when jump starts are needed.
- Dependable transportation to work.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.