WK Dickson believes that our people are our most valuable asset. From engineers to urban planners and scientists to surveyors, WK Dickson offers its clients a vast network of talent and passion.
WK Dickson’s people are the best in the business, and our success comes from the personal drive of each of us. Our firm was built on the philosophy that people do business with people they like. That goes for our coworkers, too. We work hard. We take risks. We succeed together.
The Survey Party Chief is responsible for a variety of activities including, and not limited to, completing complex field surveys (topographic, boundary, and utility surveys as well as staking), keeping clear and accurate field notes, managing a field survey crew and communicating effectively with office staff in order to meet client expectations as part of a project team.
- Analyze and organize project data with accuracy, neatness, and timeliness.
- Utilize appropriate software applications.
- Work from sketches, notes and other input material to produce computer generated graphs, charts, overlays and completed drawings.
- Understand and follow company standard CAD procedures for layering, etc., and standard drawing procedures for sheet layout. Suggest improvements to standard procedures.
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Search, investigate, and select technical reference data pertinent to a project.
- Prepare and assist with developing project surveys, statistics, and plats.
- Prepare and calculate off-site data, such as; property ties and easements.
- Deliver projects to clients.
- Maintain positive communication with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Follow general instructions and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and rules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with GPS and Robotic Total Station equipment using Survey Pro software with point and line codes.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel. AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience a plus.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to lead a survey crew in a productive and effective manner.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs of the position with some overnight travel required.
Employees are able to take advantage of our:
- Exclusive ‘Talent Development Program’
- Project Management Curriculum
- Leadership Retreats
- Mentoring Program
In addition WK Dickson offers its employees a competitive benefits package including:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care plans
- Matching 401K program
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disabilities benefits
- Supplemental insurance option
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing education / tuition reimbursement
- Professional registration reimbursement
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Performance-based incentives
- Spot bonuses
- Employee referral bonuses
- Flex-time policy (half-day Fridays)
- Moving and relocation assistance
- Business casual work environment
- Company-sponsored social events
- Community giving and charitable programs
Specific programs vary by region, in accordance with the competitive environments of local areas.