Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road-building, and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship with enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed, and PPE, tools, and equipment are used consistently. Daily & weekly safety meetings/briefings are occurring. A pre-construction safety plan is developed with the management team before beginning work. Promoting a safety culture at Kerr is the priority.
- Ensuring that all of our crews provide quality workmanship. Systematic internal checks and QC processes are used and double-checked.
- Ensuring that Kerr Core Values are implemented and adhered to.
- Works under the direct supervision of a Kerr Project Manager on one or more civil projects
- Ensures daily job records are kept current and orderly, including daily reports, quantity tracking, testing and inspections, material certifications, etc.
- Perform document control duties, including management of submittals, RFI’s, correspondence, quality documents, and other project-related documents.
- Coordinate daily with field superintendent and foremen, learning the work and identifying issues, and daily job photo record.
- Reviews daily time and reports, ensuring proper coding of labor and equipment.
- Assist with the management of subcontractors, suppliers, and other vendors.
- Daily overall job costing.
- Current enrollment in a Construction Management program focused on Heavy Civil Construction.
- Willingness to work hard, learn quickly and integrate into the culture at Kerr Contractors.
- Willingness to be a meaningful, active part of a project team.
- Previous work experience, preferably in the construction industry, is beneficial.
- Experience using general computer software such as MS Office Suite.
- Experience with other project management software systems such as HCSS Heavy Job, Heavy Bid, electronic document control systems and file storage, and project scheduling using MS Project, SureTrak, P6, or similar CPM software is also beneficial.
As an equal opportunity employer, Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.