Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed, PPE and safety tools and equipment are used consistently. Daily & weekly safety meetings/briefings are occurring. Pre-construction safety plan is developed with management team prior to beginning work. Promoting safety culture at Kerr is the priority.
- Ensuring that quality workmanship is provided by all of our crews. Systematic internal checks and QC processes are used and double checked.
- Ensuring that Kerr Core Values are implemented and adhered to.
- Works under the direct supervision of a Kerr Project Manager on one or more civil projects
- Ensures daily job records are kept current and orderly including daily reports, quantity tracking, testing and inspections, material certifications, etc.
- Perform document control duties including management of submittals, RFI’s, correspondence, quality documents and other project related documents.
- Coordinate with field superintendent and foremen daily, learning the work and identifying issues, daily job photo record.
- Reviews daily time and daily reports, ensuring proper coding of labor and equipment.
- Assist with management of subcontractors, suppliers, and other vendors.
- Daily overall job costing.
- Must have valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Minimum of a BS in Construction Management, or equivalent job experience.
- Experience using project management software systems such as HCSS Heavy Job, Heavy Bid, electronic document control systems and file storage, project scheduling using MS Project, SureTrak, P6 or similar CPM software.
- Preferred experience working on heavy civil contracts for public works and private owners for a variety of job types including site work, highway and road, utilities, airport, etc. This experience can include summer internships.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
- Profit Sharing
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.