Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the region's most technically advanced earth-moving, road-building, and underground utility contractors. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship with enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Project Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that safety protocols are followed, and PPE, tools, and equipment are used consistently. Before beginning work, a pre-construction safety plan is developed with the management team. Promoting a safety culture at Kerr is the priority.
- Ensure that all of our crews provide quality workmanship. Systematic internal checks and QC processes are used and double-checked.
- Ensure that Kerr Core Values are implemented and adhered to.
- Administers prime contracts and subcontracts, including communications, document control, change management, payments, budget updates, review of the performance of direct reports, and schedule management.
- Accountable for the profitable and timely execution of all projects assigned.
- Ensures daily job records project documents are current and accurate and entered through the project document control system.
- Resolve contract issues and conflicts promptly with the project owner, suppliers, subcontractors, and other parties.
Qualifications for Project Manager
- Must have a valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Five years of experience managing heavy civil contracts for public works and private owners for various job types, including site work, highway, road, utilities, airport, etc.
- BS in Construction Management.
- Experience using project management software systems such as HCSS Heavy Job, Heavy Bid, electronic document control systems and file storage, and project scheduling using MS Project, SureTrak, P6, or similar CPM software.
- Experience effectively and timely resolving contract disputes and managing changes.
- Experience managing multiple civil projects with various sizes and an annual aggregate of $500k to $25M or more.
- Salary Range $100K-$150K
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays
As an equal opportunity employer, Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.