As a result of our increased growth, we are currently seeking a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager (level will be determined based on candidate’s experience and knowledge) at our Eden Prairie MN location.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Working from the initial conceptual mechanical design to completion of large and small mechanical projects.
• Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate mechanical engineering work, including supervision of the design and progress of a project.
• Resolve a variety of complex problems.
• Provide teaching and mentorship to other team members.
• Ensure a safe work environment.
• Serve as a liaison between clients and agencies, contractors, design teams, etc.
• Review project contract documents.
• Provide technical guidance and supervise the work of other engineers and technical support personnel.
• Work with other company leaders to assist with the growth of the company through marketing and business development.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent.
• 5+ years of progressive work experience in the mechanical engineering field, specializing in plumbing, piping and sheet metal.
• Proven successful mechanical contracting project management skills.
• Significant understanding of business development, client management, financial performance, staff development, and overseeing the quality of our products and services.
• Must have a thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities.
• Strong project management skills, including documentation, cost control, procurement, scheduling, change orders, estimating, pricing, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance; must have previous experience directing or providing guidance to others.
• Excellent MS Office skills and ability/drive to learn new software systems.
• LEED accreditation is a plus.
• Having existing long-term, repeated client relationships are a plus.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Educational Opportunities
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors is a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
APi Group Inc. and its subsidiary companies are an equal opportunity employer and part of the Drug-Free Workplace Act.