Programming and Events Intern
Building and Land Technology (BLT) seeks a part-time (30 - 40 hours/week) programming and events intern for summer 2017. BLT is a Stamford, Connecticut-based commercial real estate firm specializing in office, retail, and residential development. BLT’s latest project – Harbor Point – is a growing downtown hub of activity in Stamford, Connecticut. The intern will be responsible for helping to keep Harbor Point’s public spaces active by assisting with programs, such as fitness classes, movie screenings, or musical performances. The intern will be trained to independently supervise the park programs, which includes managing the set up and sound system, collecting emails, taking photographs, and ensuring that everything runs smoothly. Other duties include assisting with social media, marketing, and data entry for park programs. Candidates must be outgoing and capable of acting as an ambassador for the park by being informative and helpful to all visitors.
Job duties include:
• Act as a host for the park, engage with visitors, and facilitate positive visitor experiences.
• Ability to work evenings (hours are generally 2 pm – 8 pm) and to work some weekend hours.
• Ability to work outdoors in a public setting.
• Supervise programs, set up the sound system, take photos, and participate when necessary.
• Coordinate with park sanitation and amenities staff for set up of programs.
• Maintain programming records and data entry.
• Assist in managing the park’s social media presence.
• Currently pursuing a degree or recent graduate, with interest in recreational management, communications, education, business, or events management.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Responsible and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
• Willingness and desire to get hands dirty.
• Outgoing, fun, curious, mature, positive, and a self-starter.
• Experience or a demonstrated interest in customer service, events, recreation, or urban affairs.
• Proficiency in social media a plus.
• Can lift 35 lbs.
Position runs May – August or September, depending on availability.
Compensation: $12-13 per hour, depending on experience.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Programming and Events Intern." In the body of the email, include a cover letter expressing your interest. Attach your resume in .doc or .pdf format. Phone calls will NOT be accepted.