Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Flex Spending
• Health Savings
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life and Disability Insurance Options
To provide Fire Alarm expertise to the team and to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review contract and field drawings to ensure they meet code and job specification requirements.
- Work with multiple contractors and trades for coordination of installation
- Install new fire alarm systems (wire panels, use computer software to write programs, and troubleshoot any issues)
- Test to verify system is installed and programmed per code and job specification requirements
- Provide proper testing documentation and field modified as-built drawings to be used in turnover documentation
- Turn in service and inspection paperwork in a neat and timely fashion
- Provide the customer with quality work and customer service
- Maintain NICET certifications
- Cover on-call hours for servicing customers, including nights and weekends on a rotating basis
- Microsoft Office programs, ZEUS, MS-DOS
- Familiarity with Siemens systems, EST, etc.
- Good mathematical aptitude, along with good oral, written and technical communication skills
- Valid state driver’s license
- Travel between customer sites daily
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- NICET Level II and above certification
- Basic electrical and/or electronics training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Depending on the customer site, noise level could be quiet (as in a library or public office) or moderate (as in a business office with computers and light traffic)
- Ability to withstand heights and climb ladders comfortably
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran