James River Grounds Management, Inc. provides quality landscape management services to corporate clients throughout Virginia.
We believe in helping our employees reach their full potential by providing challenging careers in landscape management where our employees do more, learn more, and achieve more. We provide the structure to ensure success and the flexibility that encourages personal and professional growth at every level. Our team of talented professionals are driven by results and relationships.
We are committed to taking care of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. In order to attract and retain the best employees, we offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits plan and robust training programs that provide an opportunity for every employee to make a difference regardless of their position.
James River Grounds Management, with multiple branch offices, is set up to offer all landscape services with competent staff that are empowered to make front-line decisions. With this structure, our employees have the benefits of a larger company but with a small business feel.
This position is responsible for performing all irrigation services on a portfolio of commercial projects. This position works directly with the Irrigation Manager to ensure that all properties serviced are being properly maintained and that billing for these services is being properly and accurately processed. Proper maintenance and adjustment of irrigation systems, while fulfilling contractual obligations and revenue goals in the technician’s portfolio determines success in this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support company vision, policies, procedures, safety / training programs, perform accordingly and pass along to other employees
- Manage all aspects of irrigation systems within a portfolio of properties
- Ensure that work is completed correctly, efficiently, and safely
- Perform contractual system start ups, seasonal inspections, and winterizations
- Develop schedule for providing contractual services
- Develop proposals for needed work on sites
- Identify and develop enhancement opportunities on sites
- Perform repair work to ensure proper system operation
- Work with production and enhancement staff frequently to ensure smooth operations and proper systems management
- Maintain proper inventory of needed repair parts on service vehicle
- Accurate preparation billing and work orders for all completed work
- A thorough understanding of all aspects of landscape irrigation maintenance and repair.
- Valid Virginia Drivers License with clean driving record
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must be capable of working independently
- Must understand and be able to implement the vision and mission of the organization
- Must have the ability to develop relationships with customers, employees and vendors
- $18 to $26 hourly + bonuses
- Health/Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays for all employees
- 401K after one year of employment