Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce | 621 S 8th Street | Sheboygan, WI 53081
Visit www.someplacebetter.org for more information about our wonderful organization!
President & CEO Opportunity
The Sheboygan County Chamber of Commerce (SCCC) is searching for an innovative, decisive, high-energy leader skilled at building relationships for the role of President and CEO. The ideal candidate will have the ability and vision to help bring the organization forward and ensure the Chamber remains relevant in the changing environment.
SCCC is a nonprofit 501(c)6 organization utilizing membership investments to support business advocacy, workforce development and growth of businesses of all sizes in all sectors. The mission – We Mean Business – calls on the organization to support that growth through highly-valued services, programs and events. In addition, SCCC operates a 501(c)3 Education and Community Development Foundation.
The President and CEO oversees a staff of nine professionals and provides guidance and support to a volunteer board of directors. The SCCC has close to 900 member organizations and a budget of $1,028,000.
Key Focus Areas and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall strategic planning, management and success of the SCCC, measured by organizational responsiveness and efficiency, staff performance, membership satisfaction, and quality outcomes.
- Lead, motivate, and develop staff members. Create and support a positive, productive work environment.
- Manage the Chamber’s financial affairs, including the preparation and presentation of an annual budget and sound management of revenues and expenses.
- Increase and retain members.
- Develop funds through member investments, events and programs, sponsorships, advertising and grants to ensure programs and events are sustainable and continue to grow.
- Serve as official spokesperson and main contact for the Chamber.
- Participate in community initiatives as well as regional and state-wide business and economic-related events.
- Build strong relationships with government officials and company, nonprofit and education leaders.
- Engage board members and members in finding and advocating for solutions to improve the region's business climate.
- Develop and execute a well-defined, measurable annual program of work and budget.
- Identify, recruit and develop a diverse group of volunteer leaders of the Chamber.
Qualifications and Experiences of the Ideal Candidate
- Must currently live in Sheboygan County or be willing to relocate.
- Cover letter must be included with completed application.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus. Minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the unique challenges of running a non-profit operation; experience with the dynamics of a chamber of commerce or similar organization.
- Combination of for-profit and non-profit experience a plus.
- Excellent communicator, oral and written; persuasive, passionate and able to present successfully to groups.
- Strong marketing and fundraising history.
- Ability to sell a community and region and to engage a wide range of stakeholders and industries.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how to maximize the chamber’s brand awareness through all appropriate marketing channels.
- History of creating and championing programs and initiatives that focus on increasing economic vitality and quality of life.
- Experience actively promoting an organization including an understanding of membership growth and retention, as well as strategies to increase and communicate value.
- Experience bringing groups and individuals together around complex issues with positive outcomes.
- Ability to maintain an inclusive, nonpartisan approach.
- Availability for early morning and evening events and meetings – weekend availability on an as needed basis.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Potential bonus program
- Health and dental insurance
- Immediate 6% 401(k) contribution (no match required)
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday policy
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement
- Service club membership
- Paid attendance at annual professional conferences
Sheboygan County is bordered by the sandy shoreline of Lake Michigan and the lush, hilly landscape of the Kettle Moraines in Central Wisconsin. Home to several major global and family-owned corporations, the area is rich with cultural and recreational opportunities and has received a number of awards related to its quality of life, low crime and friendly people. Easy trips to Green Bay, Milwaukee and Chicago. Visit www.sheboygan.org to see more information.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 3,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.