Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units with nearly 3,000 new apartment units expected in the next few years. Join our exciting team and be a part of Fairfield County's largest residential development project. BLT is the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, including Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with a full mile of waterfront, more than 4,000 residential units, and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
BLT is a fast-paced growth oriented company.
Manages and coordinates the team members, daily activities, and resources of the property to achieve
established budgeted financial and operational goals, and ensures that the operation of the property
complies with Company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair
Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
1. Provides input into the development of budget(s) for the property by analyzing and evaluating
financial statements, reviewing current and projected marketing information, and accessing
operational reports that establish historic and predict performance patterns.
2. Meets targeted revenues by setting rent rates, ensuring rent and fees are collected and posted in a
timely manner, making financial bank deposits, and preparing and reviewing monthly financial status
3. Approves and submits invoices from vendors, contractors, and service providers for payment by
reconciling work performed or products purchased, ensuring validity of certificates of insurance,
coding charges to appropriate Chart of Account codes, and managing communication between the
vendor/contractor, accounting, and the client/owner as needed.
4. Oversees the lease enforcement process by making periodic apartment inspections, following proper
notice requirements, evicting residents, and imposing and collecting late fees and other charges as
allowable and stated in the terms of the lease.
5. Gathers, analyzes, and interprets current market and economic trends that may impact the property
and implements short-and long-range marketing and leasing strategies to achieve the property’s
occupancy and revenue goals.
6. Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by responding to complaints, questions, and requests in
a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues. Ensures the
property’s maintenance team members comply with the Company’s standards with respect to
responding and completing resident service requests.
7. Conducts regular property inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical
aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety,
cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
8. Supervises property staff by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages
their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
9. Assists in managing the client/owner relationship by meeting with the owners, conducting property
tours, providing updates and information about the property’s performance, and responding to owner
requests as needed.
10. Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties
as assigned or as necessary.
• Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory
requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to property operations,
and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
• Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies,
procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment
malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate
• Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve the efficiency, productivity, and
profitability of the property.
• Keeps abreast of new trends and changes in the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending
internal and external training classes, apartment association meetings, and other events, and
accessing other information sources.