Building and Land Technology (BLT) is currently seeking several part-time (30 - 40 hours/week) Events Interns for the Summer 2017 season. We are launching a fantastic activities program, designed to engage our Harbor Point residents and visitors and provide some recreational fun! If you are a people person, this is a great opportunity to build those relationship and program management skills and get paid to do it!
The intern will be responsible for helping to keep Harbor Point’s public spaces active by assisting with programs, such as fitness classes, movie screenings, or musical performances. The intern will be trained to independently supervise the park programs, which includes managing the set up and sound system, collecting emails, taking photographs, and ensuring that everything runs smoothly. Other duties include assisting with social media, marketing, and data entry for park programs.
Candidates must be outgoing and capable of acting as an ambassador for the park by being informative and helpful to all visitors.
- Act as a host for the park, engage with visitors, and facilitate positive visitor experiences.
- Ability to stay late at the park for evening programs (once a week to approx. 11pm, once or twice to 9 pm) and to work some weekend hours.
- Ability to work outdoors in a public setting.
- Supervise programs, set up the sound system, take photos, and participate when necessary.
- Coordinate with park sanitation and amenities staff for set up of programs.
- Maintain programming records and data entry.
- Currently pursuing a degree or recent graduate, with interest in recreational management, communications, education, business, or events management (Preference given to individuals with a degree).
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Willingness and desire to get hands dirty.
- Outgoing, fun, curious, mature, positive, and a self-starter.
- Experience or a demonstrated interest in customer service, events, recreation, or urban affairs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
Position runs August through September.
Compensation: $12 per hour, depending on experience.
To apply, please visit www.bltoffice/careers and click on the appropriate link to complete our application.