Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 180 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of seven office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 40 companies with over 200 branch locations throughout the US, Canada, and the UK; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, carbon dioxide and other clean agent and special hazard systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
Community Involvement & Industry Memberships
Delta Fire Systems, Inc. is proud to actively service in our local communities. In addition to actively participating in volunteer causes and charitable fundraising, we also participate in trade and industry organizations and committees. Some of those organizations include:
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA)
- Idaho Fire Protection Forum (IFPF)
- Institute Of Real Estate Management (IREM), Chapter 89
- Fire Prevention Association Of Nevada (FPAN)
- National Association Of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED)
- National Institute For Certification In Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
- Northern Nevada Automatic Fire Alarm Association (NNAFAA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Utah Safety Council (USC)
- Insurance and other benefits through offered per the terms of Local 669 Union Collective Bargaining Agreement. This specific position will correlate to the benefits (if any) for Metal Trades.
Description: Sprinkler Fitters are pipefitting specialists in the fire protection industry and Delta Fire Systems, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for this position. Employee would be required to become a member of UA Local Union 669 Road Sprinkler Fitters as a Metal Trades Journeyman or Foreman. As with any Road Sprinkler Fitter’s position, individual must be willing to travel when assigned. This is a bargaining unit position covered under the terms in the Local 669 Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Overhead pipe installations; fabricating; assembling; cut, thread, groove, and bend pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders, groovers, and benders.
- Conduct long range project planning and scheduling
- Monitor and manage projects to comply with safety, quality, productivity, and profitability requirements
- Ensure proper staffing on each project to produce maximum productivity
- Identify changes in projects that impact cost, schedule, or labor requirements
- Make sure change orders/change estimates are communicated with superintendent and completed in timely manner
- Review drawings and install in field
- Ensure work complies with codes and permits
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers
- Willing to comply 100% with Company policies, including but not limited to: CPVC compatibility; safety procedures
- Experience with piping installation required; Specific experience with CPVC on residential jobs preferred.
- High Level of self-motivation
- Ability to multi-task, including being a one-man-show at times
- Ability to supervise and train apprentices in safety and the trade
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
- Own each project as their own from start to finish
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- OSHA 30 a plus, but not required
Pay = See established Wyoming wages by Local Union 669 Metal Trades Residential Apprentice, Journeyman or Foreman.