Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Alarm Technician
Western States Fire Protection is looking for a Fire Alarm Technician. The qualified Technician should be outgoing; highly self-motivated, and must be able to problem solve. He/she will have strong communication skills and a professional image. This person must be able to handle all aspects of a project from install to programming, strong troubleshooting skills, service work and testing and inspections.
- Preparation and submittal of engineering drawings to Authority Having Jurisdiction's (AHJ) for review and approval
- Site verification of fire alarm installations
- Analysis of blue prints
- Coordination with other disciplines, such as, engineers, general contractors and end users
- Stock Listing and ordering of all materials for system efficiency
- Complete final reports, deficiency reports and possible bids via a computer and/or tablet
- Interact with clients, field personnel and fire marshals
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum of two years of service or install experience is required
- NICET II is preferred for experienced Technician
- CSA FA-2 is preferred for experienced Technician
- Manufactures certifications are preferred (EST, Gamewell, FCI, Notifier, Honeywell, Simplex, Siemens, Radionics)
- Field installation experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 72, Factory Mutual and applicable codes is preferred
- Possess an understanding of expenses and scheduling
- Hold a valid driver's license; In accordance with Company Policy
- Willing to travel within the state of Arizona
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor