Delta Fire was formed in 1963 by fire protection engineers William A. Pickett and Nels C. Sparr. The duo wanted to build a professional organization they could be personally proud of. With that goal in mind, and their leadership and ability to attract good people, Delta Fire has grown to be one of the largest and most respected fire protection contractors in the intermountain area.
For years our main business focused on the design, installation and service of fire prevention and fire suppression services, but our alarm security and monitoring divisions are growing rapidly. Delta Fire currently employs more than 100 people, and we have experience in a variety of markets, including: commercial, residential, industrial, energy and power, mining, government and military.
We are headquartered in Salt Lake City, but have a total of six office locations to serve a huge part of the intermountain area, including the Salt Lake Valley and southern Utah, Reno and northwest Nevada, and southern Idaho.
Delta Fire was acquired by APi Group, Inc. in 2008 and since then it has been able to benefit from the synergy of more than 35 companies; including competitive manufacturer pricing, robust insurance and bonding, and extensive safety and leadership training and resources. We are an industry leader in the installation of pre-action, foam, deluge, ultra high speed and carbon dioxide systems.
Delta Fire is committed to customer satisfaction and cutting edge technology, and we work hard to service our customers’ systems safely and quickly. We have an incredible safety record, and also believe in using sustainable business practices to improve and protect our environment.
Community Involvement & Industry Memberships
Delta Fire Systems, Inc. is proud to actively service in our local communities. In addition to actively participating in volunteer causes and charitable fundraising, we also participate in trade and industry organizations and committees. Some of those organizations include:
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC)
- American Subcontractors Association (ASA)
- Idaho Fire Protection Forum (IFPF)
- Institute Of Real Estate Management (IREM), Chapter 89
- Fire Prevention Association Of Nevada (FPAN)
- National Association Of Fire Equipment Distributors (NAFED)
- National Institute For Certification In Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- National Fire Sprinkler Association (NFSA)
- Northern Nevada Automatic Fire Alarm Association (NNAFAA)
- National Safety Council (NSC)
- Utah Safety Council (USC)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Non-Bargaining Unit Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
The duties of this position include: testing and inspection of fire alarm systems; preventive maintenance with knowledge of multiple manufacturers’ products; and growing the alarm and detection division through residual and recurring income. We have a need for a self-motivated, service growth driven, customer service oriented individual with strong communication and field technical skills. This individual will provide accurate and detailed inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications. The position will involve growing our monitoring, service and inspections through strengthening existing customer relationships as well as finding new relationships. Position also includes servicing/managing a large customer base of security accounts, and the ability to provide technical expertise to customer base as needed. Based on individual’s management and field experience, position could also include supervisory or training opportunities. This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- NICET Level II or III preferred
- Fire Alarm or Low Voltage License in state where working:
- State of Idaho Limited Energy Journeyman License (required)
- Nevada F Card (preferred but not required)
- Cross training in all fire protection fields (fire alarm, clean agent/special hazards, fire extinguisher, fixed wet/dry chemical suppression systems, backflow prevention, fire sprinkler, emergency lighting) preferred, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes
- Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components, including programming these systems
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Understanding of Security/CCTV/Access Control is preferred
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen, background and reference check
- Perform routine inspections, testing, installation, and preventative maintenance of life safety product lines
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
- Daily communications with Schedule Coordinator or Direct Supervisor regarding delays, requirements and general status of jobs
- Work with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of contract jobs to the client (Confirm that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, customer relations, system inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Bidding/Pricing new contract and service alarm and detection work